Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day

As you probably know tomorrow (The 17th March) is St Patrick's Day. 
St Patrick's Day is a time to let the imagination free to enjoy legendary Irish superstitions. (It doesn't really matter whether you are really Irish or not). Like most Australians,  I do have some Irish blood so this gives me a better excuse to celebrate. I have been thinking of some fun decorating that I could do to celebrate and remembered these cute green vintage jars. For the sake of the photo, they have green hydrangea stems, but I am planning to pick bunches of fresh clover to place in them. I think that will look cute!
The image above is from Martha Stewart and shows various types of shamrocks simply planted and growing in pots. This is perfect for a St Patrick's Day decor accent, but I am thinking about introducing this to my front porch all year round. (I think even I could manage to keep these pot plants alive!)

These cute green cupcakes pictured above can be found at 'bakerella.com' (there are some fantastic ideas here) last year I found some of these cute candy shamrocks at the supermarket. They make a very easy and fun cake decoration!
This image below is also from Martha Stewart. A four leaf clover is tucked into a grooms chest pocket for luck.
Of course, we all would like a little extra good luck to come our way......wearing green on St Patrick's Day is a good way to encourage it. I have this gorgeous green feather collar that I bought on a whim once and have not yet worn......I think it will be perfect for 'St Pats' !

Of course, It would not be much of a 'St Patrick's Day if there weren't drinks. You could have a green guinness, but I think these cocktails are much more elegant!

St Patrick's Day
cocktail glass

22ml Green Creme de Menthe
15ml IrishWhiskey
Dash Angostura bitters

Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.


Irish Rose
cocktail glass

45ml Irish Whiskey
22ml lemon juice
2 tsp grenadine
Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails