Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goodbye Elizabeth



In honor of Elizabeth Taylor, who sadly passed away last night, some of my favorite quotes:

'People who know me well call me Elizabeth, I dislike Liz."

(being another Elizabeth, I get this!)

"I don't think President Bush is doing anything about AIDS, in fact I don't think he even knows how to spell AIDS"
(Elizabeth Taylor, worked hard to increase AIDS awareness, helping to remove some of the stigma that surrounds the disease, I like how she managed to get a dig in at GB too)

"My Mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked!"

2 comments:

  1. She was a classy lady and one of the last true movie stars. 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' is one of my all time favourites. If nothing else her pioneering AIDS charity work back in the 80s was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There is no comparison when looking at our modern day 'movie stars'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails