Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"If you want to get ahead, get a hat"


"If a woman rebels against high-heeled shoes, she should take care to do it in a very smart hat" - George Bernard Shaw 

I have just had two exciting deliveries here at the store, yesterday I received some gorgeous vintage hats and today I have just unpacked this stunning book: "Hats an Anthology" by Stephen Jones
I admit that I was guilty of judging a book by it's cover and ordering this book purely for the fantastic illustration on the cover. I didn't realize how great this book was until I opened it up and saw a foreword by one of my favorite designers- John Galliano.
Galliano has collaborated many times with milliner, Stephen Jones to create wearable pieces of art.

"Just as I wouldn't leave the house without a hat, I couldn't do a show without Stephen Jones:
he conjures up creations that bring Galliano and Dior shows to life. He is the frosting to any collection he touches." John Galliano

Galliano/Jones collaboration
Stephen Jones

And now, here's a selection of some of the new arrivals, I love the gorgeous, rich texture of the velvet!




1 comment:

  1. These hats are truly divine Liz. Great shots and I cant wait to see the book. E

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails