Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pretty Peacocks

'peacock dress' greeting card by elizabeth lamb




At last, my lovely birds and peacocks have arrived! I could not wait to get them unpacked and up onto the Christmas tree. Along with the gorgeous, almost life sized peacock, I also got these cute small birds with peacock feather tails and some lovely feather covered ornaments.





Some other birds that came in, that I almost like better than the peacock are these cute owls shown below. To me there is something whimsical and almost magical about owls. Some people think 'Harry Potter' but the white owl reminds me of the gorgeous Owl in the movie 'Labyrinth' (one of my all time favourite movies). I did get four large white owls but they sold before I had a chance to photograph them!
It seems many people collect owls, something that is understandable given all the interesting associations there are to do with 'wise old owls' and so forth.  There are so many 'owl' quotes and stories, but here is a great 'peacock' reference that I love:


 "People are crying up the rich and variegated plumage of the peacock, and he is himself blushing at the sight of his ugly feet. "
Sa'Di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails